Sunday 5 January 2014

Bike Trainer Woes


   Riding a bike outside is great. Unfortunately, our weather forecast has looked like this a lot lately:

 
 My flimsy little road bike wouldn't even make it out of the lane way. This means most of my training will be confined to a bike trainer until spring. At some point in your life, you've probably been on a stationary bike before. You've probably also come to the realization that biking indoors about as exciting as watching paint dry. You hop on feeling motivated, pedal for what seems like an eternity, and then look at the clock. Four minutes down. Good, only.. 1 hour and 56 minutes left?!

I have yet to come up with a solution to make time on a bike trainer, currently around 14 hours/ week, fly by. Most of the time I just stare down the clock. The rest of the time I just think about more interesting things I could be doing... like rolling pennies, or organizing pots and pans. Considering I have nil experience in cycling though, I definitely need to be putting in time on the bike now. Even if I'd rather watch grass grow. When the roads are dicey for cars let alone bikes, training indoors is the only option. Spring really can't come soon enough.    

No comments:

Post a Comment