Sunday 30 March 2014

Highlight of the Week

This past Friday I was biking home along Winthrop Road. About 15 km from home I noticed a pick up truck parked on the side of the road. I slowed down a bit but didn't think too much of it. As I was going by the truck I saw two people standing beside it so I waved, and I was about to keep on going until I heard them shout my name? Stopped quickly. Turns out it was Barb and Ray Storey. They'd seen me bike by their house and wanted to make a donation to our trip. So there they were, standing on the side of Winthrop Road waiting for me. Only in Huron County. I hadn't seen them since my chinchilla club days so it was nice to catch up. The support so far from the community has surprised me but I can't believe it has gotten to the point where I am collecting donations on the side of the road. It was so sweet and unexpected, I was smiling all the way home. Thank you Ray and Barb!      

No comments:

Post a Comment